Updated As of August 1, 2013
ZAPPIA is committed to maintaining your privacy, providing you with information and choices, and permitting you opportunities to correct inaccuracies. If, after reading this Policy, you have questions, comments or concerns, please use the “Contact Us” link on the top of our home page.
Information We Collect
With the goal and intention of providing you products and services, and of improving your overall experience, we receive, collect and store information in a variety of ways, including when you visit our Website or provide information to us. We may also collect information when you: (1) open an account with us; (2) utilize our services; (3) make a purchase; (4) contact us via any customer service method; (5) submit any user-generated content (via our Website or otherwise); (6) participate in customer research, surveys, sweepstakes or promotions; or (7) otherwise communicate information to us.
Some of the information we collect is considered “Personal Information.” Personal Information includes your name, mailing address, e-mail address, driver’s license number, social security number, credit/debit card information (and related payment information) and/or telephone number. We also may collect other information such as permit number(s), credit application information and demographic/lifestyle information (including date of birth, personal interests and product/buying preferences).
The collection of certain types of Personal Information may be necessary and/or required for governmental compliance.
Additionally, we may receive, collect and or store Personal Information and other information you provide on behalf of third parties, or third parties provide behalf of you, relating to gift recipients, online registrations, in-store pick-up or registries. We may also receive, collect and store Personal Information and other customer information from sources assisting us with updating, improving and/or analyzing our record or detecting fraud or theft. Additionally, we may receive, collect and store information from various consumer reporting agencies and related service providers.
We may also receive, collect and store “Automated Information” through Cookies (as defined below), Web Beacons (as defined below) and other related automated means. “Cookies” are small text files sent to your device as you visit our Websites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels and saved on your device via your browser or hard drive. We then use Information Technologies (as defined below) to recognize you and your preferences as you return to our Websites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels. “Web Beacons” (also known as pixel tags) are a form of tracking technology placed within our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels to monitor and track your visits to certain pages within our Websites, and your interaction with (and the effectiveness of) our Internet Marketing Channels.
Automated Information we collect via Cookies, Web Beacons and other related methods (collectively, “Information Technologies“) includes information such as internet protocol address(es), operating system(s) and browser specifics of your device, device characteristics, geographic information, user id(s), and specifics regarding your interactions with (i.e., the path your device takes through) our Website and our Internet Marketing Channels.
Automated Information enables the tailoring of advertisements and offers specifically for you. In addition to such tailoring, we are interested in Automated Information to ensure that our mobile and/or online presence operates properly and efficiently for you and for your individual customer experience, to evaluate the use and benefit of such presence, and to support our Website and our Internet Marketing Channels.
We use, collect and disclose your information consistent with this Policy, as updated from time to time, and you consent to such use, collection and disclosure by your use of our: (1) Website; (2) Internet Marketing Channels; (3) marketing campaigns; and (4) marketing programs (e.g., loyalty programs).
You may unsubscribe to future e-mail communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our e-mail communications. In addition, you may use the methods set forth in the “Contact Customer Service” link below to opt-out or update certain preferences. Regardless of your decision to opt-out of future e-mail communications, we may still contact you regarding transactions and for transactional purposes (e.g., recalls, product information and service/reminder notices).
Based upon your browsing history with us and with other online sites, we may personalize your experience via our Website and via our Internet Marketing Channels. However, you have choices relating to how your device interacts with our Website and our Internet Marketing Channels. You can choose to access our Website without accepting Information Technologies to your
device(s), and you can opt-out or modify certain elements of our Website (e.g., location services) and our Internet Marketing Channels (that are tailored specifically to you and served to you based upon your browsing history). If you choose to so restrict, you may access our Websites, but you will NOT be able to take full advantage of certain Website features. Please note, even if you opt-out of certain online, internet-based advertising, you may still see or receive ZAPPIA advertisements on our Websites and other sites, but such advertisements will not be based upon your browsing history.
How We Use
We do not sell, rent or trade your Personal Information to third parties. We use your information in numerous ways, including:
- Fulfilling, delivering and communicating regarding your orders for products and/or services;
- Maintaining our loyalty programs;
- Processing credit card applications and payments;
- Administering surveys, sweepstakes, contests or promotions;
- Registering and servicing your account(s);
- Providing customer service;
- Conducting research and analysis;
- Alerting you to product, service and promotional information, including product recalls;
- Helping us to improve, customize and advance our products and services, Websites, Internet Marketing Channels, mailing or marketing campaigns; and
- Protecting the security and integrity of our stores, Websites, Internet Marketing Channels and overall business practices.
In doing so, we:
- May combine certain Personal Information, customer information and Automated Information collected online and offline, including information collected from third parties;
- May transfer or disclose such information within our affiliates and subsidiaries; and
- Will retain such information as needed to provide you products/services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as we deem reasonably necessary.
How We Share
We may share information:
- With third party businesses and service providers that assist with our business operations, such as shipping vendors, billing vendors, payment card processors, marketing and research vendors and various companies that work with us to improve or provide our products and services and our data integrity. We do require that such providers keep your Personal Information safe, secure and private, and we require that they not use or disclose your Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the applicable services to us, to you or on our behalf;
- As we deem necessary, in the event (or partial event) of a corporate sale (asset or stock), merger, reorganization, change in corporate control, acquisition, insolvency, bankruptcy or similar event;
- Specifically, certain Personal Information, in connection with various co-branded, warranty, delivery/assembly and/or financial products or services, including our private label credit card(s);
- To comply with applicable law or reasonable request based upon governmental regulation, court order, subpoena or similar related action; and
- As we deem necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of ZAPPIA, our customers, our associates or others, and to prevent harm or loss or in connection with an investigation or suspected or actual unlawful activity.
How We Update
For certain types of information, we may offer you a variety of ways to access or update such information:
- If you have a ZAPPIA account, log-in to such account via one of our Websites. After securely entering your account, you can easily update your name, e-mail address, password, loyalty card information, billing/shipping address, etc. by entering or revising the information as reflected therein, or you may close your account(s) and request that we no longer use your information to provide you services or products; and
- Additionally, utilize the “Contact US” link at the top of any of our Website. This link will provide you the opportunity to contact ZAPPIA via phone, e-mail or U.S. postal mail. Please provide your current and complete contact information with these requests.
- We may refuse requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical efforts, risk the privacy of others or are extremely impractical;
- After closing your account(s), or updating or revising any information within your account(s) or any Information Technologies associated with your device(s), we may not delete residual copies from our servers and may not remove information from our back-up system(s); and
In our efforts to provide accurate and complete information, we do utilize third party entities to assist us with updating and maintaining current contact information (e.g., National Change of Address or NCOA).
How We Protect
Regardless of whether you are shopping or utilizing our services online, via a mobile device or in our stores, we make securing your information a priority, take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of your information and appropriately limit third party access to such information.
We use a variety of security measures to protect your online transactions with us. Our Websites utilize encryption technology, including Secure Sockets Layer, to protect your information that we transport across the internet. Your personal online and mobile account(s) with us are protected via password protection and accessed online via such password. We comply with industry standards relating to safeguards for handling and securing customer payment information provided during payment card transactions.
Additionally, we use a variety of security measures to protect your information that we maintain at our facilities. Such information is subject to physical, administrative and technical controls.
Our Website is a “general audience” website and not geared toward children. In order to protect the privacy of children, our Website does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without express parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have unauthorized information about your child who is under the age of 13, please use the “Contact Us” link on our home page.
Third Party Links. Our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels may link to other sites, many of which have their own privacy policies that we do not control. Be sure to review these privacy policies when visiting such sites. We are not responsible for such third parties’ sites.